How to efile taxes online?
Step 1 – Get all your tax information together! – You’ll save time and won’t have to stop in the middle of preparing your current year tax return to find a missing document.
Here is what you will need to eFile a Tax Return Online with the IRS using online software to prepare taxes:
- Social Security numbers for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.
- Forms W-2 from all employers are required for yourself and your spouse.
- Forms 1099 for Dividends, Retirement, or other income, or any Forms 1099 with Income Tax Withholding.
- Receipts for expenses for Itemized Deductions (Schedule A).
- Receipts and records for other income or expenses.
- Bank Account numbers (for a fast refund, or to pay electronically).
- Prior year Adjusted Gross Income amount or prior year PIN if using a Self-Select PIN as your signature.
- Complete information on what records you need, and how long to keep your records.
Step 2 – Choose the method of e-filing that works for you:
- Tax Professional
- Personal Computer
Step 3 – e-file it!
Paid Preparer – If using a Tax Preparer, be sure to take all your information with you, and don’t forget to ask for IRS e-file!
Personal Computer – Those filing taxes online, just answer the simple questions in our tax preparation software here at File Your Taxes Now, and the software will do the rest for you. For faster refunds, or to pay when YOU want to, have your bank account number handy.
Common Features of Software and Online Products that Allow for eFile:
- Easy-to-understand online interview
- No income restrictions
- Supports every filing status
- Selects the right federal income tax form for you: 1040EZ, 1040A, 1040
- Calculates capital gain distributions
- Claim tax credits
- Claim deductions for IRA contributions, student loan interest, school tuition and fees, etc.
- Claim itemized deductions
- Detects and calculates Child Tax Credit
- Detects and calculates Earned Income Credit (EIC)
- Report self-employment income
- Report small business income
- Report income from sale of a property
- Error and omission checking (100% accuracy guaranteed)
- Fast direct bank refund deposit (requires bank account)
- Pay later – deduct fee from refund (small fee applies)
- efile for an extension by April 15, 2015
- Print your completed and IRS accepted return
There is no need for you to select a tax form; it’s all done by the efile.com online tax preparation software. If you need a tax form that is not currently accepted online by the IRS, you can still complete and efile your federal tax return. Relax. You’re done. Now SHARE – tell a family member or friend IRS e-file is the smart way to electronically file their federal and state income tax returns!