The Coalition for Family Economic Progress (CFEP) is an alliance of more than 21 private, public, and non-profit organizations that have been dedicated to the economic empowerment of working families in the greater El Paso area since 2006.
El Paso VITA for Free Tax Preparation in El Paso
CFEP’s success lies in helping low-to-moderate income families join the economic mainstream by promoting the effective use of their Earned Income and Child Tax credits in long-term asset development. CFEP’s VITA program has helped thousands of area families by offering free tax-related assistance such as:
Electronic tax preparation
Assistance with Individual Tax Identification Number
Referrals to the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
Workshops on tax rights and obligations
Why Get Free Tax Preparation in Seattle?
Through these services families receive more of their refunds instead of paying preparation fees and loan fees. The 2012 VITA campaign offered 19 free tax preparation sites.
Free Tax Preparation in El Paso Texas
Since 2002 the El Paso Collaborative has served the community as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. VITA sites provide free personal income tax preparation to low- and moderate-income households (households with incomes less than $54,000 for 2015). This service is available only during income tax season. VITA sites also provide free electronic filing.
EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT
- EXTRA MONEY provided to low-income wage-earners
- Must file a tax return to get it
- Must have a valid social security number (no ITINs)
- Filing status cannot be “Married Filing Separately”
- Must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year
- If no qualifying children, must be aged 25 to 65
- Cannot be qualifying child of another person
Who Qualifies for Free Tax Assistance?
- Individuals with low to moderate income (up to $53,000/yr gross income)
- Military personnel and their families
- Individuals with disabilities
- Senior citizens
Advantages to Using A VITA Site
- Tax preparation services are 100% free
- Tax preparers are trained and certified directly by the Internal Revenue Service
- Refunds can be directly deposited into bank accounts within 7-10 days
- Tax income issues can also be addressed at a VITA site
- Free income tax assistance information can be obtained at a VITA site
El Paso Texas IRS VITA Site
YDSP VITA SITE HOURS OF OPERATION
Location: YDSP Recreation and Wellness Center
11200 Santos Sanchez Ysleta del Sur Pueblo, TX 79927
Hours of Operation Based on Volunteer Availability :
Monday & Tuesday: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 10:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:30am – 1:00pm
If you have any questions please contact:
Manny Basurto or Sam Alvarado VITA Coordinators at