The Alabama Department of Revenue allows taxpayers to e-file and lists on-line tax software service providers that are approved by the state. In a similar manner as most states, Arkansas imposes an individual income tax on residents using six different tax brackets. Most of the Arkansas state tax code is similar to the federal tax code, but tax payers should be careful to note differences that arise in filing methods.
Arkansas state tax returns are due the same day that federal tax returns are due on April 15 of every year or the next busy year if tax day is on a weekend or holiday. Arkansas accepts e-filing and most major tax preparation software such as TurboTax will allow taxpayers to easily fill out forms and file their taxes.
Arkansas Personal Income Tax Rates
- 1.0% t on the first $4,099 of Arkansas taxable income.
- 2.5% on Arkansas taxable income between $4,100 and $8,199.
- 3.5% on Arkansas taxable income between $8,200 and $12,199.
- 4.5% on Arkansas taxable income between $12,200 and $20,399.
- 6% on Arkansas taxable income between $20,4000 and $33,999.
- 7% on Arkansas taxable income more than $34,000.
Residents of Texarkana should research more information which might lower there taxes through special rates available only to them.
The Arkansas sales tax rate is 6% and counties may add additional taxes.
Arkansas property taxes are assessed by individual counties and cities. All households are eligible for the Arkansas homestead tax credit of up to $350 regardless of income or age. A special form will need to be submitted with an income tax return to qualify for this.
Arkansas Tax Forms and Income Tax Instructions:
- Arkansas Individual Income Tax Forms – This is accurate information for the year 2013
- Arkansas Income Tax Instructions
- Arkansas Refund Status – Check the Status of Your Current Year’s Refund Online
Arkansas Tax Return Mailing Address:
Arkansas State Income Tax
P.O. Box 1000
Little Rock, AR 72203-1000
General Information: (602) 255 3381 or 1-800-352-4090
Income Tax Refund: (602) 255 3381 or 1-800-352-4090
Prior Year Alabama Income Tax Returns:
- 2009 Individual Income Tax Forms
- 2008 Individual Income Tax Forms
- 2007 Individual Income Tax Forms
- 2006 Individual Income Tax Forms
Additional Arkansas Department of Revenue Tax Resources and Links
- County Taxes
- DFA Revenue Rules
- Telephone Numbers for Taxpayers
- E-file Your Taxes on the Web
- Income Tax Rules
- Individual Income Tax FAQ & TeleTax Information
- Offers in Compromise & Payment Plans
- Office of Income Tax Administration
- Online Services Overview
- State Tax Appeals Procedure Guide
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights