Arizona collects an income tax from its residents in several different brackets and has some significant changes from federal tax law that taxpayers should be aware of. Arizona accepts Resident, Non-resident, and Part-year returns electronically. They can be submitted through most e-file tax software such as TurboTax.
The Arizona Sales Tax rate is 6.6% and all counties have a county sales tax rate as well. There is also no state property tax that is administered across the entire state. Each county has the responsibility of setting tax rates and this could vary pretty dramatically between different areas.
Arizona Personal Income Tax Rates
In Arizona, single and married filing separately taxpayers will be required to use the following state income tax brackets for 2013:
- 2.59% on the first $10,000 of taxable income.
- 2.88% on Arizona taxable income in between $10,001 and $25,000.
- 3.36% on Arizona taxable income in between $25,001 and $50,000.
- 4.24% on Arizona taxable income in between $50,001 and $150,000.
- 4.54% on all Arizona taxable income greater than $150,000.
For married taxapyers filing joint returns and heads of households, the rates remain the same but the income brackets are expanded by twice as much.
Arizona Tax Forms and Income Tax Instructions:
- Arizona Individual Income Tax Forms – This is accurate information for the year 2013
- Arizona Individual Income Tax Instructions – Tax Year 2013
- Arizona Refund Status – Check the Status of Your Current Year’s Refund Online
Arizona Tax Return Mailing Address:
Arizona Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 29205
Phoenix , Arizona , 85038-9205
Arizona will grant an extension to payer taxes at a later for the period taxpayers are covered by an accepted Federal Extension that has been approved by the IRS. Taxpayers only need to file an Arizona Extension if you are enclosing a payment. Taxpayers do not have to attach a copy of the federal extension (Form 204).
Prior Year Arizona Income Tax Returns:
- 2009 Arizona Resident Personal Income Tax Forms
- 2008 Arizona Resident Personal Income Tax Forms
- 2007 Arizona Resident Personal Income Tax Forms